Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Have a 2008 Impreza with set of tire at 25000 miles and one

Customer Question

Have a 2008 Impreza with set of tire at 25000 miles and one got a puncture last night which the local tire store wouldn't plug or patch. Looking at options for getting used tire as the ones on the car are fine...
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tires are about 18 months old - no problems. Not driven through winter so looking at options (other than from a tire store) Have not trieed anything myself, again looking at options....
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. tires/car have been great.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Remember to be sure the tire is within 2/32"tread depth, greater or less than the other three. Subarus awd system needs tires that are very close to the same circumference. You can also order shaved tires on tirerack.com you can measure the old tires and have the new one shaved up to 4/32. This would make it able to replace just the one tire.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan