Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I hope you can help me i am working on a 2005 impreza 2.5

Customer Question

I hope you can help me i am working on a 2005 impreza 2.5 sohc it had a rod knock so i rebuilt it with a crank from a 2004 impreza but i used my case and my heads new rings and bearings.I installed the motor it has no spark on cyl 3 & 4 i had to put in a new crank sensor because i couldent gt the old on out to put in the new oil pump i also installed a new coil i am using the crank gear that orgianally was on the car so everything matches also checked my timing belt it was dead on any ideas.Thanks Rich
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Can you monitor the signal from the computer to the coil on the GN/WH and YE/BU wires while cranking or running. If you are getting the same pulsing ground signal then its your coil to blame for no spark.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris