Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

2013 Forester liftgate opens 1/4 inch when you press open

Customer Question

2013 Forester liftgate opens 1/4 inch when you press open button - then seems jammed - can pus closed and repeat easily but never opens all the way
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried manual release - took to dealer and he said leave it for a day which I cannot do right now (n vacation) so hoped to see if there was a fix I could do myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: release clicks open but as I said just releases 1/4 inch - maybe something is jammed - other posts suggest maybe a solenoid problem - I would leave that to dealer after vacation is over
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: worked perfectly on a daily basis and then just stopped working one dy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is anybody there??? I entered card info and received no feedback at all
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please just refund my deposit... it seems this is not a straight forward issue... I will bring to my dealer when back after vacation
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an ASE master Subaru tech, do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I said I no longer wanted an answer... I never got an answer... I received a bill for 19 dollars... I want to have the 19 refunded
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Contact customer service as I am not able to help you with refunds.