Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 97 legacy outback - swaped the engine, dropped the

Customer Question

I have a 97 legacy outback - swaped the engine, dropped the pan on teansmission (it was bent) replaced it and added AT fluid but evidently not enough. Drove it 2 blocks and engine started overheating and the AT oil heat light came on. Drove car back the two blocks to garage. Added more fluid until it reach the full mark (about 8 more quarters). Now the light flashes a couple of time when I start and goes out. Drove it another two blocks seems ok but light returns evertime I start the car
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Coolant seems to be fine
JA: What year is your Legacy?
Customer: 97
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, besides adding the fluld nothing just parked in garage. I was going to follow the secret steps for getting AT codes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I believe I can help on this issue. If help is still needed, please reply and let me know.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help with this transmission control issue. If so can you get me the codes stored?

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris