Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I'm getting ready to purchase a 2013 Subaru Impreza

Customer Question

I'm getting ready to purchase a 2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Sport Limited, but want to know if this vin number JF1GPAS61D2891756 affected by the Oil Consumption Lawsuit?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Class Action Lawsuit says that 2012-15 Impreza models with vin # ***** 270253. So is this vin # ***** below? I'm not sure how to read vin numbers. You're the expert. Relying on your answer.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Manual trans or cvt?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
CVT
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

2013 impreza 5 door cvt

Below D*886714

Your vin is D*891756

You are just over which means your engine should already have the redesigned piston rings.

Are you able to get the engine number at all? Its stamped on the top of the transmission on the drivers side.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

top of the block close to trans

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't at this time, since car is in Atlanta and I'm in Charleston, SC. I can ask the sales person to get it for me when I talk with them in a few and get back to you.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Ok let me know. thanks.