Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

My Pioneer aftermarket Head Unit quit working.....I replaced

Customer Question

My Pioneer aftermarket Head Unit quit working.....I replaced the 10 watt fuse for the radio marked in the fuse compartment to left of steering wheel....would there be another fuse in engine compartment. I also replace power fuse on back of head is only 11 months old.
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: Don't know fuse number off top of my head.....I am at work and intend to look at it again tonight. Clock above head unit is working and all lights in panel.
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2010 Subaru Impresa WRX sedan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, replaced all fuses that I think could be causing no power to unit.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The head unit has a face plate that tilts put in CD or quit working after the face plate (double DIN) started to come out and then close.....3-4 times then it just quit and no power to the in my opinion it has to be a fuse somewhere.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Since your fuses appear to be good, the best way to check what is the problem is to use a test light and check for power and ground at the connector on the back of the radio. That will let you know if you have no power, or the radio is not working. Do you have a test light?