Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech

I have 2002 Subaru forester. when the air conditioner is on

Customer Question

I have 2002 Subaru forester. when the air conditioner is on and I make a left turn, or hit a little bump, I can hear the damper door shut and the fan starts blowing HOT air. How do I fix this?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing you need to do is to determine which door it is , I would start with checking the air mix door and see if it has come loose or broken and not being held in place which would explain it moving when you hit a bump. I have enclosed the diagram in the link below showing the location of all parts in the AC heater Plenum. Have a look at it and see if you can tell me which door is moving. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it,