peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

95 legacy and signals quit. Pressing the button causes relay

Customer Question

95 legacy flasher and signals quit. Pressing the flasher button causes relay to click.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 300K plus. Car runs well otherwise.
JA: What year is your Legacy?
Customer: 95 postal
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: swapping the relay. In the past I cleaned the relay switch, but don't recall if signals worked.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Hmmm, lights work otherwise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault in the turn signal switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before on other models and cause this issue here needing replaced.If you have not had this switch tested at all this needs done to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete