Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2007 Subaru Forester with a trouble code of P0028. 160K, I'd

Customer Question

2007 Subaru Forester with a trouble code of P0028.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 160K
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to fix myself. I haven't tried anything yet. Just researching.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There's about 2500 miles on the oil since it was changed. Oil is full.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a common code caused by low oil or dirty oil so I'd start by checking oil level and changing oil if it is dirty. But if oil is clean and correct level like you said then the bank 2 Variable Valve Lift Diagnosis Oil Pressure Switch has probably failed. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0n2l74vczrdvtc/vvld.pdf?dl=0