tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

I have a 2013 Subaru Outback Limited my light on the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Subaru Outback Limited my light on the dashboard is blinking with the key in it which I think indicates it's in the immobilizer mode and nothing will activate and my key fob wont do anything and I'm locked up here in a parking lot what can I do
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: I replace the battery yesterday in the key fob and it function correctly I came to work I came out of work tonight and the fog would not open the door so I use the key to mechanically open the driver's door so I could get in but nothing will light up nothing will do anything in the keyless access push button doesn't want to do anything the only thing that is going is the red indicator on my dashboard
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried holding the key fob against the access start button without my foot on the brake and it doesn't go into what did Manuel describes as it should go into a chirp mode to bypass the immobilizer that didn't seem to work it says to activate the parking brake but the car is in mobilized I can't activate the parking brake on a flat surface in a parking lot when I went to work this morning I did not put on the parking brake the car is in park and that's where I'm at
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am not sure what else I can tell you the manual said something about pushing the access keyless access button several times but it doesn't light up I put the he fought against it and it doesn't do anything if I step on the brake while their fathers there the indicator light stops blinking but it does not show up and go into a bypass mode like the manual says it should
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 4 months ago.

Hi,sorry your having this problem,have you checked the car's battery,from the description you gave it sounds like the battery is discharged and may require a jump start or replacement,let me know ,thanks for your time.