Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

We own a 2016 Forester XT and we have keyless ignition and

Customer Question

We own a 2016 Forester XT and we have keyless ignition and would like to find a way to leave our Forester running and be able to lock it. It will not lock while no one is in it....while running. No one seems to have a solution. We have not owned a car that has this issue. Can you help.
Thanks in advance
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hell, my name is***** to help you with this.

Have you tried leaving it running, locking the doors manually and taking the key away from the vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but as soon as the door is open to get out and than closed it you know once the door is open and you try to lock unlocks immediately when closed/
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

This is the feature that is built in to the car so the key will not get locked into the car while it is running. I do not think you can change this feature. Have you tried going into vehicle settings in the car?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no I have not......but that would be great if it could work.
We leave our dog in the car with the air conditioner on while we run a quick errand......and have been able to do this with our Nissan, Infiniti and CTS.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hopefully it works for you. Thanks.