Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

I have a Subaru 2001 Forester. I put my refrigeration gauges

Customer Question

I have a Subaru 2001 Forester. I put my refrigeration gauges on the system and running the car the Compressor comes on and off in short cycles. Suction presser on at about 40/45# ***** off at 25# ***** temp out of the air vent is about 47/48 deg and and pulls down to about 42deg. Driving down the road at 35 to 60 mph the clutch cycles constantly. What in the system could be causing the clutch to cycle this frequently? This is not normal i know.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** low side will cut off at 25 psi, so you are low on refrigerant, you need to evacuate the system and install the correct charge in it to be sure its full, gauges alone will not get the right amaount of refrigerent,Tim