Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech

My 2002 Subaru Outback Limited front sunroof has detached in

Customer Question

My 2002 Subaru Outback Limited front sunroof has detached in the front. It worked fine before I took it locally to have the brakes repaired...I think someone there tried to open it and couldn't figure out how so they forced it...only explanation I can come up with for why it was fine before but now, when I open it, it is completely open and detached in the front. Is there any way to fix it myself?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With out being there to see what has come loose I can not say what it will take to correct it but I can provide you with the steps to inspect it and perhaps determine what has failed. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ron, thanks for responding.
I'm not that good describing things so I think I'll have my husband call you to try to figure out what is wrong and see if it can be fixed by us. He is currently taking care of an elderly friend and running errands so it may be later today or tomorrow, etc. before he can contact you. I don't see anything in the diagrams that look like what came loose. I'ts the front sunroof and the front of this is completely detached---looks like some sort of bracket with 2 holes in it that is just hanging there. When I close the sunroof, it locks down in the back but the front does not and is fully open.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Have him look over the files I sent you and perhaps he can see whats broke and we can work from there. Im here all day on Monday as well.