Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2006 Subaru Baja turbo. I have been having problems

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Subaru Baja turbo. I have been having problems with a noise (like a quiet car horn going off) on the right side of engine compartment. The noise is intermittent and only occurs at higher speeds. I had my local mechanic look at it and he could not determine what was causing the noise. He recommended take it to the Subaru dealer for which I did. The dealer found that the turbo was in need of replacement. I had the turbo replaced. I thought the problem was taken care of until yesterday the noise occurred again. I am in the process of trying to sell the care and need to get the problem identified. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My local mechanic said it could be a relay going bad.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you today
How many miles you have don it ?
It will be hard for me to know the sound since I can't hear it but what I can do is look up any TSB on it and see if any listed
And maybe if you elaborate more on the sound , u said higher speeds, is it wheel balance ,does your steering wheel vibrates any ?
Hey you avalable for me to call you
Let me know if you are I m trying but it said payment failed , fix it let me know .,thanks
Just be reply back here when you are ready