Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

TriBeCa heating up, ACcfand make a funny noise when turning

Customer Question

TriBeCa heating up, ACcfand make a funny noise when turning a corner
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Are you saying it is overheating?

Does this noise occur at all speeds when turning and can you describe the sound of the noise?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fan makes funny noise when I turn a left corner. 2 weeks ago it overheated while sitting in traffic, started running very rough... Pulled over and I found it low on coolant. Put water in it and it's still full now. What's wrong?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No leaks noticed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's almost like it quits working or slows down
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fan)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I notice it around a sharp curve but not around really slow corners like pulling into my driveway

Thanks, ***** ***** have frame or radiator support or fan shroud or engine mount issues allowing to much flex and twist causing the fan to move and hit the shroud or radiator which can stop the fan from spinning and cause the vehicle to overheat. Can you check all these to see if any are loose and moving excessive.

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. All follow up responses are free and welcomed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't because I don't know what all to look at but I can when I get home and my husband will know where that is

Super, keep in touch if needed. The post will not time out and close once you have rated my response.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.