Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech

I have a 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium and am having trouble

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium and am having trouble getting my flat drives to work in my use drive. I noticed on the new model that they all work. Is there a way to update my software to effect a fix because this is quite frustrating.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what flash drivers you are referring to, is this your blue tooth system? Post back with complete details and I will see if I can help you with this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question was a flash drive in the USD device, thanks auto correct. I took it to the dealer and the service manager said that as long as one of my flash drives worked there was nothing wrong with the system and he couldn't help me. I have since talked with another at the Apple Store and he suggested I go through the diagnostic connector and try to update the software. My question is can I even update my software or can I replace my software with new 2016 version?
Any flash drive except the first one produces nothing so I'm left with trying to find another flash drive of the same vintage as the first or try a replacement of the USB connector ($200). Can you help or is there an answer somewhere else?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just read your answer from yesterday. The flash drives are purchased by a local radio station who sent me two flash drives (2013 & 2014) that appear to be identical. The third flash drive I purchased. The first one works beautifully and the other two the system recognizes but can't read. This has nothing to do with the blue tooth system as I don't use that anymore because of too much trouble.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Okay thank you for the clarity, Unfortunately my information on limited on this issue. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else will have what you need.