Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

1999 Forster... Locked then took out battery.. Went

Customer Question

1999 Forster... Locked then took out battery.. Went traveling for 6 months.... Returned then then installed battery But on come all theft protection lights and noise,,, then the key will NOT come out of ignition.... Help me
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** will try to assist you

are you with vehicle now ?

i know you said you took battery out for 6 month, when you installed it back , did you check the battery charge levels ?

is the key stuck in the off position and you cant pull it out or in the on position and you can turn it to off to pull out ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the battery was on a slow charger. I am not with the car... I am still in Mexico and return on June 3. Family trying to get car started and ready for my return... I don't know answer to key locked on or off. Family out now as it is weekend.... please put my question on hold until I have your questions to me answered
Thank you your prompt reply and sorry I don't have all the information yet.

lets do this , can you tell them to disconnect the battery , the negative & positive terminal cables off, then i want you to touch the cables with each other and hold for 20 secs after that go inside vehicle and press the barke pedal and hold for 20 secs then reconnect battery terminals and see if that will rest it , another question is there another key available other than the one in the ignition that is stuck , if u have another one, we need to close all doors ,hood trunk on car and locked using the key by turning the lock cylinder from outside then opening it using the key from outside .

it looks like the anti theft system is triggered and we need to reset it . try that let me know

you are welcome , there might be a minute delay or so with responses but i will be here all day and i will check your post when you reply to me of what happened , there is other stuff we can do but lets try the hard reset for now .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Chad..... They replied that they got the car running. I did not give them this information as it came in after they emailed me that the car is running.
Since I am paying for your prompt advice is there a way I can save your answer for the next time will it save in a link or page so I can copy it?

that is awesome

I m glad i was able to help

If you need my assistance in future just post your answer starting with ( For Chad F or (Customer and i will see it or you can hit the ( Request This Expert again) under my profile .Thanks again and good luck

this post will stay open for you even after u rate me so you can come back and ask me follow up questions on this issue for no extra charge

so you want loose this post or my answer to it , it will stay there for you to come back to it anytime you want

I will check the battery in it when you get back and make sure , it is not draining or there is short causing the low battery levels which in turn it will set off alarm if system sees low voltage .