Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I just replaced the CV Joints in my wife's 2005 Outback. One

Customer Question

Hi George.
I just replaced the CV Joints in my wife's 2005 Outback. One side is working great, but the other side is leaking oil at the axle/transmission interface and dripping onto the exhaust. What do you recommend to get this sealed up and dry?
Thanks,
Jeff
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. George doesn't seem to be online at this time. I will try to help you if you like.

Did you replace the output shaft seals on the, (auto?) trans?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. I didn't realize this was a step. I've been watching youtube videos that only replace the CV shafts.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is most likely the cause of the leak, especially if it was not leaking before.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need any instructions for that, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm good. Thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I was just checking to see if the new seal stopped the leak.