peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 08 Subaru Impreza wrx. When I go to put the key in

Customer Question

I have a 08 Subaru Impreza wrx. When I go to put the key in the ignition and turn it on everything lights up like it should but when I go to try and crank it nothing happens??? Has a band new battery in it. I already troubleshoot the starter. Also when I but the key in or turn it to the on position the fuel pump doesn't not engage? Don't know if that will help at all?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail/act up in the past before with one or more of its circuits acting up internally not supplying a signal properly to engage the starter as well as signal the computer the key is on to then engage the fuel pump.I have had to replace this switch on several models in the past.If you have not had this tested to see if this needs replaced this needs done.This may require a scan tool to monitor the data signals as well as a multi meter to test this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete