Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

2014 subaru forester, previously running fine. 61,000 miles.

Customer Question

2014 subaru forester, previously running fine. 61,000 miles. All at once, the ABS indicator light and downhill assist indicator light go on, and Eyesight is disabled. Then, the car will not start with brake pedal depressed and push button pushed in. Is this all part of a dying battery, or something else? The car just had a 60,000 mile checkup and was fine.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer! Low battery voltage can cause all kinds of problems in new vehicles. I suspect this is the cause for your concern. Do you have a volt meter to measure the battery voltage. I would start with jump starting the vehicle, or charging the battery and re trying to start the car.