peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Pearl, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have a 99 subaru forester with a recently installed used transmission and it drives fine shifts fine but when i turn sharp wheels bind
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: power steering works fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: apparently there is a transmission relearn that my mechanic had trouble with
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: do you have the transmission relearn instructions for a 99 subaru forester?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually the relearn for transmission adaptations have to be done with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model.If you do not have access to one to have this done I would have this done by a shop or dealer to see if this corrects the fault here.I would also have the install work re checked to make sure everything was installed properly. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete