Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech

My 2012 Subaru legacy wont start. my daughter opened the

Customer Question

my 2012 Subaru legacy wont start. my daughter opened the trunk and I think she must have disabled the car. is there an override button for the security system? with the key in the on position all the lights come on and the engine cranks quickly but wont start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: battery is 3 years old but all lights have good power and engine does crank
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: 6 months ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: lol. my wife and daughter are stuck in a parking lot and I am an hour away from them and they are naturally freaking out. they are waiting on AAA
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.There is no over ride for the alarm system. You should be able to disable the alarm if it active by locking and unlocking the door locks with the remote and or the key. It would also be a good idea to try using your spare key as well. If the car will still not start by doing these, then the system is seeing a problem and the next step will require scanning the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting and those will need to be addressed.