sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Subaru B9 tribeca: Have a 06 B9 tribeca did head gaskets and

Customer Question

Have a 06 B9 tribeca did head gaskets and timing chain its deff in time but the left bank num 2,4,6, are not firing properly all 3 are sending a misfire code have done every test that we can think of i personally think its the computer so my question is are the tribeca computers interchangeable ?also tried to reset the codes with pur obd2 scanner and it throws and error code and wont let me reset it is it poss computer went into safe mode or security lock out ?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the problem happened as a result of the work that was done then cam timing is very suspect if it's setting misfire codes all on one bank.Does it run ok initially when started?Does the exhaust smell rich or lean?Can you list all codes that are setting currently?