Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

My 2008 subaru impreza the gear is stuck in Park JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

my 2008 subaru impreza the gear is stuck in Park
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car starts but the gear is stuck in park
JA: A stuck gear is frustrating, but with the right help...fixable. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the shortcuts to get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Subaru Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Subaru. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
First, so I can be of more assistance, I need a little more information. may I ask if you press your brake do the brake lights come on? And the little shift lock button you press on the shifter, to get it out of park, does it feel like you are able to press it all the way in or does it feel like it's not going in very far?Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need assistance with this question? Thanks Sonny