Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

I recently purchased a 1999 Subaru Forester and had to replace

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 1999 Subaru Forester and had to replace The radiator and the starter. The starter went bad one time and banged on it with hammer and it work but figured I'd replace it anyway. Since replacing the starter the car doesn't want to start. Just keeps cranking over. And seems to not be turning over as fast as when the old starter was on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I'm not sure if it's the starter because I've only been have this issue since I've replaced the starter
JA: Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: It's got 225,000 miles and was sitting for a year before I got it back on the road about a month ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Has the car ever started with the replacement starter?