peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I got 2005 Subaru forester 2.5 xt my tgv is not opening on

Customer Question

I got 2005 Subaru forester 2.5 xt my tgv is not opening on passenger side is the motor bad or is it my sensor?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i had new turbo put on timming belt change water pump oil change ,whenhe put this all back together he notice the car would not have power when check engine light on and it would throw crew control light when light is off car has power
JA: So many things can cause water pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: well my guy tried some lube to see if the butterfiy value was stuck he was going to switch motor around but that a lot of work his scan tool does not give all the info he needs , he believs it the tgv motor?
JA: Is there anything else the Subaru Mechanic should be aware of about your Subaru?
Customer: it sat for about 3 or 4 months before work was done
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. First off I would have the repair area re checked for any damaged components or components that may have been bumped loose or electrical wiring or connections that may have been damaged in any way at all.If any issues are found the affected wiring or component will need either reinstalled correctly,replaced or repaired for this fault here.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. then further testing will be needed to pinpoint the cause as this can be a faulty motor or sensor but its difficult to say for sure from here.In most cases though when an issue occurs like this after major repair has been done it can be related to the repairs and may be just a connection or component fault needing corrected. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks we will have him check some things
Your welcome. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete