tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

Subaru Legacy 3.0 R: i went to program a fob on my 2003 legacy

Customer Question

i went to program a fob on my 2003 legacy outback and after 10 turns on the key i pulled the key out by habit before i could push the fob button now my security system wont let me reprogram the fobs and the valet light is , How do i get it back the way it was ?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tamaz replied 6 months ago.
Hi,with the door open press and hold lock/and unlock to remove the system from valet mode this should start you over,make sure you hear the horn beep to signal it's in programming mode ,thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The system does not respond to the fob and the fob is good I know all about the valet mode I was going to program 1 more fob in the system did the 10 key turns the horn beeped once and by habit I pulled the key out of the switch then the horn beeped 3 times like it was reprogramed thats when the system stoped working . So I whated a day then tryed the 10 key turn to program in the fobs from scatch but nothing happen after the 10 key turns now ? So do I need to go to subaru or what ???
Expert:  tamaz replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm not sure what's happening here but before you make a trip to the dealer try disconnecting the battery with the key in the on position,once removed turn key to off reinstall battery cables,this resets the system and may allow you to program the remote