Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Have p0766 code...lock up solenoid "D". Cannot find one to

Customer Question

Have p0766 code...lock up solenoid "D". Cannot find one to buy, used or new. Subaru sells only the whole valve body for 1100,. Is there anyone selling just the needed solenoids.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Have a mechanic to do the work, but unable to find the part, other than the all nine solenoid body...riduculous :)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: Transmission body was recently rebuilt...problem started after that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2005 subaru ll bean, 3.0l 5eat transmission ,,,lock up solenioid error code ...car sticks in 4th gear when it locks up...seems to reset when turned off and restarted, but the electrical systems seem to be ok,,,just a sticking solenoid, but cn't find one without buying the whole unit with 9 solenoids,
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the code indicates more of a wire harness issue than solenoid. the flow chart addresses more of the hanress checks than replacing the solenoid. I will attach the flow chart for you to follow.give me a couple of minutes Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
look over the flow charts Roy