Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Engine light came on with cruise control light flashing 2006

Customer Question

engine light came on with cruise control light flashing 2006 forester
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you happen to know what code is stored and causing the check engine light?Is the car running normally otherwise?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am sending this again because it didn't seem to post the first time.Hi there,Do you happen to know what code is stored and causing the check engine light?Is the car running normally otherwise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know the code its seems to be running ok
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
OkThere are over 500 reasons for the light to come on. Since the car seems to be running normally it's likely some type of emission code. It will have to be checked to get an idea where to start looking for a problem. The cruise control light flashing is normal when the check engine light comes on. Subaru has this built in as a safety feature because the car doesn't have a throttle cable. This way you can't have any problem with the throttle sticking on or the car taking off on you.Most parts stores can read the codes for you and will do it at no charge, so if you would like to get it and post it here with me, then I can give you more detailed info as to why the light is on. Check the gas cap and make sure it's tight, sometimes something that simple will cause the light to come on. It is safe to continue to drive the car as long as it's running normally.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,I hadn't heard back so I thought I would check and see if you need any more help with this?