peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Subaru Forester: my 1999 standard Forester (111,00 miles) just

Customer Question

my 1999 standard Forester (111,00 miles) just this morning began to studder when i first was pulling out of the driveway. the check engine light also turned on at the same time... while i can drive it and the problem seemed to go away momentarily as soon as i drove up a hill it began shuddering and feeling as thought it might stall out at any moment. any thoughts?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This can be caused by a lack of fuel to the engine due to a restriction in the fuel filter or an issue with a weak fuel pump.I have seen these cause this type of fault here before with one or both of these needing replaced for this fault.If you have not had the fuel system tested at all this needs done to see if the pump or filter are the cause here needing replaced.This is common to cause the symptoms you have described here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete