Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I tripped the anti theft immobilizer in my 2012 Impreza How

Customer Question

I tripped the anti theft immobilizer in my 2012 Impreza How do I start my car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car with the key icon is flashing and
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you tell me how you believe your tripped the anti theft system?Any thing aftermarket electronic on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes. I think I tripped the anti theft system. It is the factory installed unit. Please respond by the morning because I am having my car towed.This happened once before and I was able to reset it by doing some steps like topening the drives side door ,... however I don't remember was else I did to override the system
Thanks, ***** ***** reset the option shown in the repair guides are to remove the battery cables and hold them together for 1 minute. Then reconnect and lock unlock the door with the remote and then again with the key. Then try to start the vehicle. If that too fails then make sure the battery voltage is good and try your spare key. If that too fails then you have either a theft system component that has failed or reprogramming of the keys to the vehicle is needed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris