Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

2006 Subaru outback p2102 code. Rear lights and dashlights

Customer Question

2006 Subaru outback p2102 code. Rear lights and dashlights not working. Abs not working after the sensor was replaced twice.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oh where to begin.... 118000 miles
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: In January had p2102 and p2138 codes
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In January got p2102 and p2138 codes. Replaced the throttle body. 1 week later car went into limp mode again, this time with p2102. Mechanic replaced the battery and that seemed to fix it. But I just got p2102 and limp mode again. Code goes away after 3 times restarting the car. Now mechanic can't replicate the error. I also have a right rear abs sensor that was replaced, but 2 days later the abs light came back on. Took it back in, then put anot her sensor in, and it still didn't fix the problem. Also had my rear wiring harness replaced when tailights and read wiper were not working. Again, that fixed the problem for about a week. Now my rear wiper works, but I have no tailights and no dashlights. Everything that's wrong seems to be related to electrical issues. I'm sick of fixing this car. Can you help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not sure what email you have....can you send to***@******.***
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,What year and model is your Subaru please?Also, which engine does it have in it?