peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Pearl, I recently bought an aftermarket courtesy light setup

Customer Question

Pearl, I recently bought an aftermarket courtesy light setup intended for the JDM WRX S4 and I currently have a 2016 WRX STI, USDM (obviously). I comes with a splitter harness that attaches to a main harness located underneath the steering wheel. I'm trying to locate a wiring diagram for the 2016 WRX STI for the main harness to the cabin underneath the steerwheel to see if it matches this harness I imported from Japan. Do you know where I can locate the diagram? Thanks in advance, Ramon
JA: I live in Detroit.
Customer: I'm in Cleveland
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm not sure I'm even going to install it since it's for the Japanese market, but I would like to do some investigate to see if the Japanese harness can be installed on a US Subaru
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: Not really except that I love the car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. Unfortunately being a 2016 model it can be difficult to obtain the wiring diagram in some cases.The best place since this is a new model is from a dealer.In some cases they may or may not charge for this diagram.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete