Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

My 2008 Outback will turn over, but not start. After letting

Customer Question

My 2008 Outback will turn over, but not start. After letting it sit for a while, it will start like nothing is wrong. This happens about once every 30 starts.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My 2008 Outback 2.5i won't start sometimes. It sits for about 10 minutes and then will start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** to hear about your Subaru. Can you tell me if there are any warning lights on while you are cranking the engine?