tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Had car washed today. Gave the tech my key. When I got it

Customer Question

Had car washed today. Gave the tech my key. When I got it back, the panic alarm went off when I entered the car using the manual key. I used the fob to stop the alarm. Started and moved the car to another spot in the parking lot and left for the day. Now ignition won't start, and security light lights. Key fob won't unlock doors (very faint beep rather than the usual louder beep). I tried to use the manual key to lock and then unlock the door, but it still won't start. Suggestions?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Subaru Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: 2006 Forester.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 7 months ago.
Hi,it sound like the battery is weak,what happens when you try and crank the starter is there any noise at all,maybe a click?