peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Subaru Outback Limited: how common is it to have a mass airflow

Customer Question

how common is it to have a mass airflow sensor fail on a new subaru outback (2015) still within the first 6k miles?
,how common is it to have a mass airflow sensor fail on a new subaru outback (2015) still within the first 6k miles? I ask because earlier we had the electronic emergency brake decide to remain engaged indefinitely (within the first tank of gas)... so two debilitating issues have cropped up so far, and I am starting to lose faith in this car... when do I decide that this is a lemon as opposed to a strong of really bad luck with a car that everyone loves and speaks so highly about.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. It is very uncommon for this sensor to fail this soon but it is also possible if the sensor that was installed on your model was defective or weak when it was installed as I have seen before.I dont think your at the lemon stage,just a couple of faults that cropped up most likely due to faulty components that were installed on your vehicle when it was built.This should be covered under warranty at no cost to you for repair.If any other faults start to occur soon after this is repaired then I would speak to the dealer about this possibly being a lemon with the vehicle possibly bought back or traded for new.Usually they want to see allot of issues before they will do this. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete