tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Internal red button lights on a 2012 Subaru Outback

Customer Question

Internal red button for hazard lights on a 2012 Subaru Outback limited 3.6 should light up indicating hazard lights are on, shouldn't it.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Local Subaru told me to contact you regarding updating maps... 2012 Outback was purchased in10/2011...have had NO problems until tail lights went out and I believe this inside red hazard button no longer lights up...was told it was a body integrated unit....
JA: Anything else I can tell the Subaru Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Why doesn't my auto start work?
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 8 months ago.
Hi,the button does not light up,you do have the turn signals on the dash blink to signal they are on though.Tell me what happens when you try to use the auto-start also is it a factory system,thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The autostart was put in at Subaru before I drove off with the car but I believe someone other than factory at Subaru put it in...they asked for all keys at the time of this $800.00 service.
Expert:  tamaz replied 8 months ago.
All keys are needed to program them along with the remote start,$800 sounds very steep, does the remote start fob say Subaru anywhere on it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What problems can I expect with the $800.00 body integrated unit work and the remote start up if it is not factory but was put in by subaru before the car was driven off the lot??? What more can I expect-dollar wise?
Expert:  tamaz replied 7 months ago.
If the remote start is not factory it most likely will need to be sent out for diagnosis and I could not guess on a additional cost,if it's factory it could be anything from a hood switch adjustment to a control module we are talking $50-$300.Sorry I wish I could give you a more definite dollar amount ,thanks