Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Forester X: After filling my tank yesterday morning,

Customer Question

After filling my tank yesterday morning, I noticed coming home from work in my 2011 Subaru Forester, a light next to the gas cap directional indicator that said DIESEL and a d next to my odometer. The gas I put in the car was not diesel (unless the gas station goofed it up).
What would this DIESEL indicator mean as well as the d next to the odometer?
Thanks
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the same boat as the service shop that you called; I've worked on a couple thousand subarus and I've never seen a DIESEL light on the dash. Is there any way you could get a picture of the light, or even of the area where the light was if it's no longer on?On a side note, if the gas station has messed up and somehow put diesel in their tanks, your car would not run at all on the diesel.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to check and see if you need any additional help.I haven't heard back from you since beginning our conversation.