Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.

Suddenly, the wheels won't turn at all, like the brakes are

Customer Question

Suddenly, the wheels won't turn at all, like the brakes are on but the e-brake is down. The mechanic said to tow it, but if the wheels don't turn, that impossible
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: it's a 2002 forester but I don't want a new one. I inherited it from my late mother, drove it from MI and now it won't move at all
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: It was fine on the three-day drive. The "check engine" light came on, so when I arrived, I took it to the subaru mechanic. They replaced some valve. But now the trunk won't close and the car can't move and they are no help
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Subaru Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: ThanksOtherwise, it's fine.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

Is the car an automatic or manual?
Does the car start?