tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

Eyesight in my 2016 Subaru Forester goes out every time I

Customer Question

Eyesight in my 2016 Subaru Forester goes out every time I stop my car (for example, I just stopped at a gas station for coffee). When I restart the vehicle, the Eyesight is disabled! Which also means I cannot use my cruise control for the remainder of my trip! So frustrating to deal with on a BRAND NEW vehicle! Can you help?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 7 months ago.

Hi,is the check engine light ever on?sometimes also if your are driving into direct sunlight or the windshield is dirty the eyesight can be disabled is this possibly the case ,thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, the "check engine" light is not on. Also, I am not driving into direct sunlight nor is the windshield dirty. It happens every day and multiple times each day. It always occurs after I've driven for awhile and then restarted the car. I have tried turning off the ignition and restarting. I have also tried waiting 5 min before restarting, but neither of those has made the eyesight begin working again. It's really it the eyesight not working that is so awful, but it's the fact that I cannot use my cruise control. I drive all day for my job so a 2 hour trip Is awful without cruise control.
Expert:  tamaz replied 7 months ago.

Understood,the vehicle needs to be taken in, codes will be stored in the eyesight computer which can help determine the problem, the cameras are very sensitive it's possible they may need realignment.I understand the frustration not being able to use the cruise control, the problem is that all the modules in the car use one another for information if one module cannot respond due to a problem systems like cruise control ,VDC will not operate.Thanks for your time and patience.