mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

My daughter has a 2003 Impreza. There was a three car

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2003 Impreza. There was a three car accident and she hit the car in front. It pushed in the radiator to the point that the radiator hose was rubbing on the alternator pulley. That is all that was touching the engine. She started the car and began her trip home and the engine stopped.So she had it towed home. In looking at things I believe that only the hose was touching anything. Engine did not get hot.
I checked the fuel. When I turn the key on it is pumping fuel. The plugs have spark, I think. I took one of the wires and grounded it and there was spark. The plugs were dirty and I thought the gap was wrong. On line it said .044 and when I checked it was good. So I cleaned them with 400 sand paper. The car does burn a bit of oil. The radiator hose does have a pin hole but little coolant was lost.
About 3 years ago we had a re-done head with the valves seated and all new water pump, belts... Been running good up to this time.
Do you have any suggestions
Category: Subaru
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.

so to confirm the engine cranks but does not start correct?

do you have a voltage gauge you would be able to do some minor diag with?

i will be right back i must step away for a moment i will be back shortly.

ok i am back and ready to help. so i would like you if oyu can to make sre you have voltage at the injectors with key on engine off you should have 10-13 volts. basically battery voltage.

do you have a volt meter that you may be able to check the crankshaft sensor electrically? and you say and sc430 do you mean an sc400?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am willing to talk. It likely would be better. the problem is that time got away from me. Can I pick up where I left off tomorrow?

yes that is not a problem. i will be available. what time zone are you located in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
west coast.

ok i aman hour ahead of you so no big deal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Talk tomorrow I need to leave.

if you could take a moment and give me a rating it would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike, This is Ken. I have time now and would like to continue the topic about my daughters Subaru that was in an accident. After the accident she started her trip home and the engine died. Please review the notes. .....
To answer your last question, yes the engine cranks but it will not start. You also asked if I had a volt meter. Yes I do.

i will pull up the specs on the crank and cam sensor so you can look for a signal from them to make sure they are working as the should give me a moment. and sorry for the late response my system did not update to tell me you had left a message.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,
Thanks for the response. I think that if I had the opportunity to start and finish with you it would have worked out. I was willing to
pay for the answer. But it took enough time that I could not finish. Then, when I did have time I resubmitted the question and waited abound
2 hours with no answer. Then I'v been busy since. I think I found the problem.
All that being said I believe this sight is not for me. Please remove me from any subscription and please charg me no fee's.
Thanks anyway.
Ken ******
I am sorry for your experience. I do not handle that part and take no payments. All i get from you is a rating. And would appreciate if you took a moment to do so. Customer care will take care of the subscription aspect.