mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

My brother and son just swapped out a 2.5 subaru engine with

Customer Question

My brother and son just swapped out a 2.5 subaru engine with a 2.0 engine.. The car starts but the engine wont turn over.. What could be causing this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more do you need to know.. It gives an idle air control solenoid code but its our understanding that the engine should still turn over. They have checked all connections and everything seems to be fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
I am confused by what you said. You said the car starts. Ut the engine wont turn over? What exactly do you mean?
By starts are you meaning you have battery power and the vehicle powers up when you turn thw key but the engine itself wont crank?