sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback. I live quite a ways from a

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback. I live quite a ways from a dealer. The radio has stopped functioning. Known on left doesn't work can't turn on or off. No sound. I can see the scree, access the sound icon etc. but nothing moves. The fuse under the hood was changed. The battery disconnected. Then one hour later car started and rebooted. No change. Can anyone help? If I knew what part, adjustments were needed I have some one locally who could help. We've followed the manuals to no avail.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This isn't something that you'll want to try to repair on your own, it's deeper than just something that needs to be adjusted and the repair will be expensive. This is an internal failure of the radio and the radio will need to be replaced. The radio runs just under $1,600 so I'm sure it's not something you want to purchase yourself when the car is still under warranty.