Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

My dad just had open heart surgery. I'm going to pick m up

Customer Question

My dad just had open heart surgery. I'm going to pick him up from hospital today. They told me he can't be in a front passenger seat with active front air bag. I need to know how to disable.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2015 Subaru Forrester
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 8 months ago.

There is no way to disable the air bag. There is a sensor in the front passenger seat and if it sees someone is sitting there it will automatically turn the air bag on and there is no way to disable it.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you