Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

I just tried starting the car: there is a loud, rapid

Customer Question

My name is***** just tried starting the car: there is a loud, rapid clicking, with all lights flashing at the same time, but the engine doesn't even turn
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's a 3 year old subaru with only 7k miles. never any issues, sits in a garage i turn the key, and all this lights come on on the dash, and there is also loud clicking at the same time the alternator does not start at all, meaning the engine isn't turning plenty of gas, recent oil change, etc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 months ago.

Hello, everything you describe a low battery not a dead one, just too low to operate the sub systems properly as wellas the starter, Even with low miles, it does sit, things work all the time and could have drained the battery just enough, Now? the computer is not seeing correct volts needed and so on and the rapid clicking is the starter solenoid, so,, youhave to try a jump or battery charger, The high amps of the starter draw lots on the battery, Lights and so on are very low amp draws thus why they all work.