peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Parking lights 't shut off when lights are off and keys out

Customer Question

parking lights don't shut off when lights are off and keys out
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Looking at the info on your model here there is a tail and illumination relay that can fail internally and stick on causing the park lights to stay on like this here.I have seen this relay fail before needing replaced for this issue here.I dont see any other control units or relays in line that would cause this issue here.If you have any after market components wired in like a remote start or alarm system if this is shorting out internally this may be causing this as well here.If not then the relay should be replaced.This relay is located in the main fuse panel as shown below and labeled Tail Relay.Usually it needs obtained from a dealer but a local parts store may have it as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete