Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

I bought a replacement fob but can't get the programming

Customer Question

i bought a replacement fob but can't get the programming right. Can't turn alarm off. go thrun
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I go thru the whole sequence of entering the code twice but fob no work. can't turn security off while i program the replacement fob?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can tell me what year and model your Subaru is I will see if I can help you with your programming problem. Post back with complete information and we can work from there,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2011 subaru forester.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.

Okay thank you for that. I have enclosed the factory programming steps in the link below, copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them. Be sure to follow them to the letter.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fob%20programming%20Mar%2011.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This does not work. The electronic tonedoes not stop when I enter the code using the door lock / unlock switch. Also the manual states the horn should indicate the programming mode is activated. This also does not happen.. I have used this set of instructions with the exceptions noted. Fob not registering
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.

If that is the case then you may have a problem with your Fob or there is a problem with the system. Are you able to have the system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?