Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 Subaru Forester passenger headlight fuse keeps blowing.

Customer Question

1999 Subaru Forester passenger headlight fuse keeps blowing. I don't consistently get fog lights to work and interior speedometer gauge night readout lighting is off. RPM gauge is fine.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Blown fuse means the circuit it protects is shorted to ground before the electrical load.

If you don't mind blowing a couple more fuses, the easiest way to trace this particular short is by process of elimination. First, remove the fog lamp relay; then put a good fuse in and try the headlights. If both lights work and fuse doesn't blow, the short is either internal to the fog lamp relay, or somewhere in the control side of that relay (wiring, fog lamp switch). If fuse still blows with the fog lamp relay unplugged, disconnect the fog lamp switch and try it again. If the fuse still blows, then you'll have to trace the Blue/White wire from the fuse in the main fuse box until the short is found.

Some shops will actually disconnect all the loads, then use an Ohmmeter to check continuity to ground from connector to connector; they'll start cutting wires to make the circuit "smaller" until the short is found.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Very poor running, confusing website set up.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Waiting to actually talk to to some one.

I'm sorry you're having issues with the website. Did you try customer service?

I see you still have two open requests. Please click here to go to our Black Belt Support page, then click on your choice of method of communication with our Customer Support folks.

Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. The previous tech has opted out. Would you like me to help?
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris