Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I had the head gasket of my 2008 Subaru Outback replace a

Customer Question

I had the head gasket of my 2008 Subaru Outback replace a few weeks ago a Ford Dealership. The car seems to run OK. This weekend when I was cleaning the car I removed passenger side floor mat and discovered unclipped two wires. They were sticking out where the carpet met the front console – below the glove box. When I reconnected them the check engine light started to flash. I tried this same thing a few times and each time the check engine light started to flash. Should I be concerned? Is this something the mechanics could have done to cover up a problem?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ted G. replied 9 months ago.

That is the test mode connector for the ABS system. Leave it disconnected and tuck it back up in there. When you connect it the ABS is disabled and it will flash error codes if there is an ABS failure.