tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I own a '16 forester with a remote starter. I'm sitting in

Customer Question

I own a '16 forester with a remote starter. I'm sitting in the car now. I was running it, turned it off and now in won't crank. Dash lights come on briefly, but not the door chine, audio, etc. can you help me?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, nothing technical. I have experimented with trying to start it with the key and with the remote starter, by trying to move the gear shifter. The brake won't depress.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,how are you? Is this a factory remote starter?